Many thanks to the members who joined us after class last night to celebrate Yumi-sensei’s birthday. It was quite a milestone, and she very much appreciated it.
As a gift, we got her trekking poles in time for the fall hiking season.
Note from Yumi-sensei: “Thank you very much for celebrating my 70th birthday with me. Your birthday wishes, and the nice gift of trekking sticks, are much appreciated. It is not too bad to become older when you are surrounded by great friends like you guys!”
Photos from this event can be found and downloaded from Flickr.
We normally cancel all classes on the Thanksgiving long weekend. This weekend, we are making an exception for the adult weapons and regular classes, so people have extra time to train before the seminar with Osawa-shihan coming up soon (Oct. 19-21).
– The Friday class will be held as scheduled.
– The kids class at 9 AM on Saturday is cancelled.
– The regular weapons and open classes on Saturday will be held as scheduled.
– All classes on Sunday are cancelled.
– All classes on Monday are cancelled.
Some members still owe their 2018 Canadian Aikido Federation dues of $20 per year. Please see Jim and pay this fee ASAP… it is mandatory.
Everyone knows by now about the seminar coming up with Osawa-shihan from Hombu dojo in Tokyo, Oct. 19-21. The venue is York University, not far from the dojo. Our Aikido Hokuryukai, together with Aikido Tendokai and J.C.C.C. Aikikai, are the sponsors of this event.
A few reminders:
1) Please register and pay for the seminar and banquet in the dojo at your earliest opportunity. (If you do not reserve in advance for the banquet, you may not attend).
2) If you are taking a test, make sure to send us your completed test application as soon as possible.
3) We will require help from all members during this event. Please be available during and after the classes to make sure things go smoothly and the mats are properly maintained.
As well, we need a few volunteers to commit to:
– Four people to help install the mats on Friday at 3:00 PM
– One person to help with registration on Friday at 5:30 PM
– Two people to help with registration on Saturday at 8:45 AM
We would also like people with cars who live near the area to be prepared to drive out-of-town guests to and from the hotel on their way to the university on Saturday and take them to the airport on Sunday after class. We should have a better idea about the driving requirements later.
Please either sign the list in the dojo, or reply to this email, to indicate which task(s) you can commit to helping with.