In view of the growing concern about the coronavirus, I wanted to share our preliminary plans for the dojo.
Please note the following:
- If you feel sick, even slightly, do not come to the dojo.
- If you have attended a “mass” event where you were in immediate proximity to other people (sports, theatre, church) in the past week, please reconsider coming to the dojo.
- If you start to cough or sneeze during class, do so into your sleeve or facecloth and leave the mat right away.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after class, and use the hand sanitizer.
- If the virus spreads in Toronto, the classes will focus on non-contact (i.e. bokken and jo) practice.
- Everyone should help in cleaning the dojo more frequently.
- We will cancel classes if so directed by authorities.
- We will follow any guidelines provided by the CAF.
- We will monitor the situation closely.
- Watch your email and the website for updates regarding cancellations, etc.
Please help protect your own health and the health of your fellow members.
Please let us know if you have any concerns or suggestions.